So, it’s nearly Memorial Day. And that means it’s time to set the Summer Reads 2014 list! I’ve been doing a summer book reading spree since 2011 (though back then, I didn’t do a good job of posting the list or providing thorough reviews…I barely remember reading half the books I read!).
On this list for this year:
- Lost Lake by Sarah Addison Allen
- Cooked: A Natural History of Transformation by Michael Pollan
- High Rise Stories: Voices from Chicago Public Housing (Voice of Witness) by Audrey Petty
- Cat Food for Thought by Warren Dotz
- The Lover by Marguerite Duras
- Box Girl: My Part Time Job as an Art Installation by Lilibet Snellings
- The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne
- A Hundred Summers by Beatriz Williams
- The Last Summer of the Camperdowns: A Novel by Elizabeth Kelly
- The Swan Gondola: A Novel by Timothy Schaffert
Sarah Addison Allen is one of my favorite authors, so I am starting with her book first.
What are you reading this summer?