It’s Monday, yo. It’s hot. It’s humid. And it’s the last full week of summer.
On Saturday, Bob surprised me with a trip to a postcard expo in Lansing. He is so sweet! I didn’t even know there was an expo going on.
Picked up four much older Battle Creek, one Las Vegas chrome and fourteen Florida chromes.
Speaking of postcards, here’s one my friend Pam brought back from out west:
I finished reading The Swan Gondola, and it was very good. Long, but very good. I keep thinking about it now that it’s done. But you know, I love a book about a world fair. With one week to go on the summer reading calendar, I’m going to start the All Souls Trilogy book and that will be it for the summer reading. What was your favorite read this summer?
Summer Reading List 2014
Lost Lake by Sarah Addison Allen
- Cooked: A Natural History of Transformation by Michael Pollan
High Rise Stories: Voices from Chicago Public Housing (Voice of Witness) by Audrey Petty
- The Lover by Marguerite Duras
- Box Girl: My Part Time Job as an Art Installation by Lilibet Snellings
The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne A Hundred Summers by Beatriz Williams The Last Summer of the Camperdowns: A Novel by Elizabeth Kelly The Swan Gondola: A Novel by Timothy Schaffer
Added in Progress
The Long-Shining Waters by Danielle Sosin
- Bellman & Black: A Novel by Diane Setterfield
- The Book of Life: A Novel (All Souls Trilogy) by Deborah Harkness
We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
- Reflections – An Oral History of Twin Peaks by Brad Dukes